These links are for a variety of needs. Links for tech help, for social emotional learning, for tips and fun activities, links to learn more about equality, and even online learning games for students (This list will continue to grow and I love recommendations – if you don’t see one that you know about, let me know).
- Bilingual Tech Tools – Short video tutorials on Google Classroom, Seesaw, and other applications. Tutoriales breves en video sobre Google Classroom, Seesaw y otras aplicaciones. 有关Google课堂，跷跷板和其他应用程序的简短视频教程. Google Classroom、Seesaw、およびその他のアプリケーションに関する短いビデオチュートリアル.
- WCCUSD eLearning Families/Familias – District site with links to district tech help for families.
- WCCUSD Spec. Ed. – Hotlines and tech help for special ed students and families.
- Get to Know Google Docs – Short tutorial videos on basic actions in Google Docs.
- Text to Talk App – Chromebooks have the extension installed. Check out the video to understand how to use it.
Social Emotional Learning
- SEL Signatures Practices Playbook – Practical ways to introduce and broaden the use of SEL practices in classrooms, schools, and workplaces.
- Mind Yeti – A library of research based guided Mindfulness sessions to help kids and parents calm their minds, focus their attention, etc.
- Supporting Students SEL Needs – A Google Slides presentation.
- Building Positive and Effective Virtual Classrooms – A toolkit for virtual community building.
- Guide for Racial Justice & Abolitionist Social Emotional Learning – Guides, climate and culture, questions, and links to social justice and SEL topics and issues.
Equity and Equality
- A History of Exclusion – How African Americans were blocked from living in most East Bay neighborhoods: an excerpt from the 2017 book “The Color of Law.”
- Racial Equity Tools – Glossary of terms
- Tools for Anti-Racist Teaching – PBIS Teacher’s Lounge
- P.R.I.D.E. – Positive Racial Identity Development in Early Education
- Southern Poverty Law Center/Know Your Rights: Students & LGBTQ Rights at School – You have rights as a student in public school. If your rights are being violated by teachers, principals, or other students, please contact the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- ACLU/Know Your Rights: Students’ Rights – The Supreme Court ruled in 1969 that students do not “shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate.” This is true for other fundamental rights, as well.
- Trans Student Educational Resources – Trans Student Educational Resources is a youth-led organization dedicated to transforming the educational environment for trans and gender nonconforming students through advocacy and empowerment.
- National Center for Transgender Equality – About NCTE, self-help guides, take action, etc.
Fun Activities and Learning Games
- Minecraft: Education Edition – A classic FYep, it’s everyone’s favorite game – with learning tied in.
- Epic Books – Online books and ereading, please ask your teacher to set up an account and it’s FREE!
Tobacco, Alcohol, and Drug Use Prevention
- Binge Drinking and Alcohol Treatment – Addiction takes so much away from you: friends, family, career, and even your personality. Luckily, you can take it back. Contact one of our treatment partners to find a rehab program that works for you.
- Contra Costa County Office of Eduction TUPE – The purpose of the TUPE program is to reduce youth tobacco use by helping students make healthful tobacco-related decisions through tobacco-specific educational instruction and activities that build knowledge as well as social skills and youth development assets.