Hi, readers of Teaching Titans! Just like almost everything this year, Thanksgiving is going to be different . So, this week I’ll be talking about Thanksgiving 2020 with the pandemic still being around.
Normally Thanksgiving get together with family and friends are fun but can increase the spread of COVID-19 or the flu. so if you trying to stay safer during Thanksgiving follow these tips!
The safest way to celebrate Thanksgiving this year is to celebrate with people in your quarantine bubble, or you family members. If you do plan to spend Thanksgiving with people outside your bubble take steps to make your celebration safer.
Here are some ways everyone can make thanksgiving safer!
Wear a mask:
- Wear a mask with two or more layers
- Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Make sure the mask fits snugly against the sides of your face.
Stay 6 feet apart:
- Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread COVID-19 or flu.
- Keeping 6 feet from others is important for people who are at higher risk of getting sick.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep hand sanitizer with you and use it when you are unable to wash your hands.
- Schedule a time to share a meal together virtually, using apps life face time and zoom.
- Have people share recipes and show their turkey, dressing, or other dishes they prepared.
- Watch Thanksgiving Day parades, sports, and movies at home.
- Find a fun game to play.